Join us for episode 12 of The Torch of Progress with Adam Mossoff, Professor of Law at George Mason University.
Other Ways to Enjoy this Episode:
Podcast – The Torch of Progress, Ep. 12 with Adam Mossoff, available on Apple Podcasts
Key Discussion Points:
- The history of intellectual property
- The relation of patents to invention and progress
- What reforms the patent system needs today
Guest Speaker Adam Mossoff:
Adam Mossoff is a Professor of Law at Antonin Scalia Law School, George Mason University. He has published extensively on intellectual property rights and innovation policy. His scholarship has been relied on by the U.S. Supreme Court and by federal agencies, and he has been invited five times to testify before the U.S. Senate and the House of Representatives on intellectual property legislation. He has been invited to speak at the Smithsonian Institution, the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office, the National Academy of Sciences, and the U.S. Department of Justice, among other public and private institutions.
In addition to his academic articles, his writings on intellectual property policy have appeared in the Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Forbes, Washington Times, Newsweek, and in other media outlets. In addition to his position at Scalia Law, Professor Mossoff is Co-Chair of the Technology, Innovation, and Intellectual Property program of the Classical Liberal Institute at NYU School of Law. He also holds numerous positions at research and policy organizations, including serving as Chair of the Intellectual Property Working Group of the Regulatory Transparency Project at the Federalist Society, Senior Fellow and Chair of the Forum for Intellectual Property at the Hudson Institute, Visiting Intellectual Property Fellow at the Heritage Foundation, and is a member of the Board of Directors of the Center for Intellectual Property Understanding. He is also a member of the Intellectual Property Rights Advisory Committee of ANSI and he has served as Chair and Vice-Chair of the Intellectual Property Committee of the IEEE-USA. His articles can be downloaded here.
Previously on The Torch of Progress:
- Episode 1 with Dr. Matt Bateman
- Episode 2 with Tyler Cowen
- Episode 3 with Patrick Collison
- Episode 4 with Dr. Max Roser
- Episode 5 with Deirdre Nansen McCloskey
- Episode 6 with Joel Mokyr
- Episode 7 with Noor Siddiqui
- Episode 8 with Antone Howes
- Episode 9 with Danica Remy
- Episode 10 with Laura Mazer
- Episode 11 with Jerry Neumann
- Episode 13 with Adam Wiggins
- Episode 14 with Manjari Narayan
- Episode 15 with Michael Strong
- Episode 16 with Sarah Constantin
Join the Next Cohort
Our guest speakers include experts on the history of science, technology, and industry, as well as those on the frontier. It’s open to all—sign up for our mailing list to get event invitations.